Adchoice

Sunday 2 March 2014

Cut Diamonds


The reason I’m writing about this is because I heard in Tanzania a couple of years ago, about another major diamond heist at a European airport, when a mining company’s production of diamonds on their way to be sold in Antwerp were stolen in a similar raid, which received zero publicity and which was hushed up because the diamonds were self-insured.
It might have been typical diamond mining bullshit, but I don’t think it was, because an unimpeachable source told me, and that person was in a position to know.
It made me wonder what else goes on in the world of diamonds that never gets to see the light of day.
And now I am off the mark with my diamond articles, I hope to add more in the coming months as I prepare to go through my mountain of emails and draft an account of our time in Tanzania, good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment